Mobile Platforms allow advertisers to precisely target their audience – in addition to all the traditional options available on Web placements, mobile ad servers add geo-targeting and mobile context dimensions.
Here is a detailed but non-exhaustive list of targeting options:
- Placements: select the websites or Mobile Apps where your ads appear to reach your target audience. Include generic and portal sites or be specific with premium and in-app placements.
- Demographics: ad servers create categories of audience according to their behaviour. You can leverage this to target Male between 25-30 years old who are interested into cars and techno music for instance.
- Language: serve adapted copies in different languages
- Time of the day: adapt your message to the time of the day
- Cookie Retargeting: ensure that people who have visited your website but have not converted are reminded about your brand and products.
- Geo-targeting: this is where it gets interesting. You are not limited to target by country, region or city – you can get a lot more precise. It is possible to “geo-fence” ads and only show specific messages to people around your shop, a train or bus station, the airport etc.
- Platforms: send a different message to users on Android, iPhone, iPads or feature phones.
- Facebook Interests: leverage the big data coming from Facebook servers and enrich your demographic with new pools of users who like affiliated brands or your competitors.
By combining several of these options, you can ensure that you are targeting the right audience at the right moment in their mobile journey.
Use this mobile ads targeting techniques and you will meet and exceed your objectives in terms of:
- Phone Calls
- App Downloads or Installs
- Video Views
- Social Interactions